If your bride-to-be is a big musicals fan then why not consider incorporating a trip to the theatre as part of her big hen weekend?
She will love the opportunity to share her passion with a group of her best friends and you’ll be singing the songs all weekend long.
If you’re looking for tickets to a musical for a hen party, check prices now with our partner London Theatre Direct:
What are the best musicals for a hen party?
The following musicals all come highly recommended to include as an activity in your hen party weekend, or they would even make a great one night hen party option.
The musicals with links are currently all on stage in the West End, or touring in the UK in 2021.
- Mamma Mia – It’s a classic, everyone knows all the words (go on, admit it you do) and it’s even got a wedding theme so it had to go right at the top of our list of hen party musicals.
- Pretty Woman – A girls’ night out favourite and general feel good musical, your hen party will have a ball watching the live version of this Julia Roberts classic film.
- Tina Turner the Musical – Simply the best! Another one that will have the entire bridal party screaming the words they all know so well.
- Wicked– The perfect date for a great girls’ night out in this sequel to the Wizard of Oz!
- Hairspray – Follow Tracy Turnblad as she bops her way to the top of the Baltimore sixtie’s school dance scene. This one will get you and the girls ready for a night on the tiles.
- Waitress – This Broadway hit with music by Sara Bareilles follows an unhappy waitress on her path to happieness. Definitely a feel good choice!
- Evita – Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd-Webber have created an iconic musical that follows the life and times of Eva Peron who fights her way out of poverty to become a successful Argentinian actress.
- Thriller – The obvious choice for all Michael Jackson fans, follow his career and enjoy the well-known songs.
- Six – A modern retelling of the stories of the wives of Henry VIII, so it’s topical because that man had a few weddings under his belt.
- Singin in the rain – Yep, you’ll all know the title song, but your hen party will also love the retro feel of this musical set at the heart of the silent screen era.
- Grease – The ultimate love story that follows Sandy and Danny through their summer high school romance. Go Grease Lightnin’!
- Sister Act – You and your best sisters are in for a treat if you go and see Sister Act the musical. Feel good and great music!
Can you get theatre ticket discounts for hen parties?
Yes – one of the main benefits of being a large hen party going to the theatre together means that you are likely to be able to get your hands on some prized discounted tickets!
Many ticket sellers offer discounts on group bookings of 5 people or more, the larger the group, the bigger the discount.
Tip: If you’re booking musical tickets for your hen party, be sure to book as far in advance as possible to make sure you can all sit together.
Another option might be to treat yourselves to a box to really make the event a special one!
Check prices now with our partner London Theatre Direct:
This post contains affiliate links which help support Plan The Hen.