If you’ve got a hen weekend coming up and you’re not sure what to pack, never fear, we have put together the ultimate hen weekend packing checklist.
Stick to our advice for what you need to pack for a hen weekend and you won’t forget any of the important things!
If you’re still struggling to decide on a look, check out our article on what to wear to a hen do.
What should I pack for a hen weekend?
What you’re going to need to pack for your hen weekend away depends on four major factors:
- Where are you going?
- How long are you going for?
- What will you be doing?
- What will the weather be like?
It’s important to take all of these things into consideration, because nobody wants to run out of knickers on day two or forget their bikini for the hot tub do they?
The Essential Hen Weekend Packing List
We’ve created this list as both text and below as an image that you can save to your phone and check back with to make sure you’ve not forgotten anything.
We’ve broken the list down into sections so you can go through systematically and make sure you’ve got everything from each section.
We’ve then created “Add-on” packing lists for different types of hen weekend, for example, if you are going abroad or having a very outdoorsy or active hen party.
Hen Weekend Essentials: Packing Checklist
Assuming you’re just going for a 2-3 day hen weekend in the UK, here are the essentials you’ll need:
- Underwear: 3 x knickers, bras and socks each
- Tops/Tshirts/Shirts: 2
- Trousers/Jeans/Shorts: 2
- Dresses: 1 casual daytime, 1 dressy going out
- Pyjamas: 1
- Jumpers/Cardigans: 2
- Jacket/Coat: 1
- Swimsuit: 1-2 (if your accommodation has a pool or hot tub)
- Comfy trainers
- Smarter trainers
- Heels or fancy flats for the evening
- Your fully-stocked make up bag & brushes
- Cleanser, scrub, make up remover
- Make up remover pads
- Shower gel/shampoo/conditioner
- Nail file
- Hairbrush, hair bobbles, kirby grips etc
- Tampons, sanitary towels, mooncup (if necessary)
- Your phone (and the charger)
- Bluetooth speakers (for the tunes)
- Hairdryer, straighteners, curlers
- Purse, money, cards
- The gift for the bride if you’ve bought one
- Handbags: 1 daytime, 1 small evening
- Any hen party accessories you’ve bought, eg sashes, t-shirts etc
- Any hen party decorations you’ve bought, eg balloons & banners
Of course, you can adjust the quantities based on your planned activities, the season and the weather.
Save this downloadable hen party packing list to your phone by holding down on it then share to your hen do Whatsapp group to help the other hens out.
Hen Party Abroad Packing List
If you’re lucky enough to be going abroad for a hen party then what you need to pack will be a little different.
Don’t forget to pack these items as well as everything on the essentials list:
- Your passport
- A sun hat
- Euros/Other currency
Outdoorsy Hen Party Packing List
If the hen weekend you’ve been invited to is going to be in the UK but very active or outdoorsy then you might need to pop a few extra items in your suitcase:
- Sports clothing
- Walking boots or running shoes
- An all-weather jacket
- A backpack
Hopefully that’s given you a bit more of an idea and you’re no longer sitting there thinking, argh, what should I take on a hen weekend!?
The best way of making sure you’ve got everything you could possibly need for the weekend ahead is to chat with the other hens and ask the maid of honour about what she has planned.
You might even be able to arrange with some of the other hens to share certain items so you all have less to bring. For example, one of you could bring the hairspray and someone else brings the shampoo.
Have we missed any absolute essentials off this list? Let us know in the comments!