We all know that when it comes to hen parties, the costs can add up really quickly and it can turn into a really expensive weekend. That’s why it’s a really good idea to incorporate some of these free hen do activities into your itinerary.
It’s so tempting to sign yourself and your hens up for various types of organised hen weekend fun such as spa days, white water rafting and bootcamps but if that means that half of your hens can’t afford to join then there isn’t much point!
The best way to ensure that everyone can join you to celebrate your final days of singledom is to incorporate a couple of free hen do activities that won’t break the bank.
Free Hen Do Activities
Here are our favourite free or very low cost hen do activity ideas:
- Have a posh picnic in the park – you just need a couple of folding tables, some white tablecloths and some candles then ask everyone to bring a chair and a dish then you all dig in! You can even ask everyone to dress up nicely for it to add an extra touch for the insta snaps.
- Have a sleepover – hello, the 90s called and they want their party back. But no jokes, all your pals + pizza + snacks + blankets + Netflix and you’ve got yourself a pretty dreamy evening.
- Play GBBO – elect a Prue and a Paul, or a Mary and a Paul if you want to go old school, all chip in for some bulk-bought ingredients and then each team has to come up with a showstopper bake.
- DIY back garden Festival – borrow some tents, grab your sleeping bags and a bluetooth speaker for the tunes and all set up camp in whoever has the biggest garden. You can even get the BBQ going if the weather is decent. You can even name it after your bride, “You’re invited to “Megs-Fest!”.
- Hold a retro sports day – another back garden delight which is one of the most memorable free hen do activities. You could also head to the local park to do this. Gather a few garden games, whatever your hens have got lying around, or make some of your own and then hold your very own sports day, just like primary school! You can even create teams and get them to do timed DIY assault courses!
- Scavenger hunt – you can really easily put together your own scavenger hunt that you and your hens can do around your local area. Try splitting the group into teams and then giving each group a list of tasks to complete in a set time frame. You can even tailor the tasks to your bride, for example, “Source a business card from someone called Jen”, “Get a photo of your team dressed as nurses”. Let your creativity run wild with this one, everyone will LOVE it.
- Play hen party games – It’s not all about Never Have I Ever, we’ve got a list of loads of hen party games you can work through, you can just print off a few in advance.
Hopefully that has sparked off some ideas to help you include some free hen do activities. Think of your hen party as a chance to spend time doing fun but normal things with friends that you never normally have time for and you’ll end up having an amazing time without spending a fortune.
If you’ve been to any hen parties where you did brilliant but cheap things, let us know in the comments and we’ll include them!